Love Captured Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- The “Love Captured” competition will be accessible at lovecaptured.eharmony.co.uk (the “Website”) from 1 August 2016 00.01 (the “Start Date”) until 1 January 2017 23:59 (the “End Date”). The entry period for the Grand Prize only will end on 8 December 2016 at 23:59.
- The competition is open to all legal residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over, except employees, officers, directors of eHarmony and its parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, and their respective families, or anyone connected with this competition, including the third party promotional partners.
- To enter, submit one or more photographs that represent ‘love’ using any or all of the following methods by the End Date: (i) tweet the photograph(s) to the eHarmony Twitter account at @eHarmonyUK and include the hashtag #LoveCaptured2016; (ii) submit the photo through Instagram on the competition entry page or (iii) submit the photo through Facebook on the competition entry page. Entries must be the original work of the entrant and not previously published. Entries and Entrants' social media profiles will be publicly visible on the Website.
Entries submitted by the End Date will be entered into the competition. 25 finalists will be selected on or about 30th November 2016 as follows: (a) 12 entries will be selected by our panel of judges from all submitted entries and; (b) 13 entries, one from each region as defined below, that receive the most ‘likes’ through the site voting mechanism will be selected as finalists. The regions from which finalists will be selected are: North East, North West, Yorkshire & Humber, West Midlands, East Midlands, East of England, London, South West, South East, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland.
The Grand Prize Winner will be selected on or about 12 December 2016. The Grand Prize Winner will be the entrant whose photograph, in the opinion of the judges, has the greatest creativity, charm and quality in depicting love. The Grand Prize Winner will be selected at eHarmony’s and the judges’ sole and absolute discretion.
The Grand Prize Winner will receive the following prizes:
- £1,000 cash
- £1,000 Expedia gift voucher
- £200 Artfinder Voucher
- The Hottest 6 Pack Around White Case - Virgin Wines - Value £61.94
- National Art Pass+1 - The Art Fund - Value £90
- A pair of Fast Track London Eye tickets - Value £69.90; and
- One Night Camping Pod Break for Two in South Devon - Value £50
In addition to the grand prize, eHarmony will select weekly secondary prize winners (each a "Weekly Winner") commencing on the week of 1 August 2016 until the week of 26 December 2016. Weekly Winners will be selected based on popularity as determined by counting the total number of weekly votes for a photo uploaded to the Website. For example, total votes for a photo entered and uploaded to the Website on December 28, 2016 will be determined by counting the votes for such photo from the date of upload to January 1, 2017 as the photo is entered during the week of December 26, 2016. A Weekly Winner will be announced every Tuesday on eHarmony's Twitter page during the weekly prize awarding period. The Weekly Winners will be selected by eHarmony based on its count of votes for each eligible Entry in a specific week. Each entry is only eligible to win one weekly prize.
Weekly prizes include and will be awarded in accordance with the following schedule:
|August||Red Letter Days||
WEEK 1 (W/c 1st) - Afternoon Tea for Two - Value £36
WEEK 2 (W/c 8th) - One Night Camping Pod Break for Two in South Devon - Value £50
WEEK 3 (W/c 15th) - English Vineyard Tour and Tasting for Two - Value £30
WEEK 4 (W/c 22nd) - Bertie's Champagne Afternoon Tea for Two at Ruthin Castle Hotel - Value £50
|Sempeber||Merlin – London Eye||
WEEK 1 (W/c 5th) - A pair of Fast Track London Eye tickets - Value £69.90
WEEK 2 (W/c 12th) - A pair of Fast Track London Eye tickets - Value £69.90
WEEK 3 (W/c 19th) - A pair of Fast Track London Eye tickets - Value £69.90
WEEK 4 (W/c 26th) - A pair of Fast Track London Eye tickets - Value £69.90
Tickets are valid for 12 months only.
WEEK 1 (W/c 3rd) - National Art Pass+1 - Value £90
WEEK 2 (W/c 10th) - National Art Pass+1 - Value £90
WEEK 3 (W/c 17th) - National Art Pass+1 - Value £90
WEEK 4 (W/c 24th) - National Art Pass+1 - Value £90
In connection with this competition, eHarmony will donate 50p to the UK Art Fund for every eligible Entry received during the entry period of the competition up to a maximum donation of £5,000
WEEK 1 (W/c 7th) - Perfect Rose 6 Pack- Value £57.94
WEEK 2 (W/c 14th) - Mixed 6 Bottle Prosecco- Value £71.94
WEEK 3 (W/c 21st) - The Hottest 6 Pack Around Mixed Case- Value £61.94
WEEK 4 (W/c 28th) - The Hottest 6 Pack Around Red Case- Value £63.94
WEEK 1 (W/c 5th) - £500 Expedia gift voucher - Value £500.00
WEEK 2 (W/c 12th) - £500 Expedia gift voucher - Value £500.00
WEEK 3 (W/c 19th) - £500 Expedia gift voucher - Value £500.00
WEEK 4 (W/c 26th) - £500 Expedia gift voucher - Value £500.00
Each eligible Entrant who has provided their valid email address to eHarmony will receive an email with a voucher code for a free 14-day Basic Subscription to the eHarmony.co.uk website. Entrant may forward this voucher code to another person if they are not interested in or eligible to register to the eHarmony service. Free trial subscriptions renew in accordance with eHarmony's Terms and Conditions of Service.
- The potential winners of the competition will be notified via the social media accounts or email address associated with the winning Entries. The potential winners will have five (5) days from the moment such notification is issued to respond to such notification and supply an alternative contact method, email address or phone number. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If a potential winner does not reply to the notification within five (5) days of its issuance, is ineligible, or cannot or does not comply with the official rules, he/she will be disqualified, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected, at Sponsor’s discretion, from the 25 finalists.
- Entrants may submit more than one photograph.
- Entries deemed inappropriate, as determined at eHarmony’s sole discretion, will be removed during the image vetting process.
- Entrants must receive prior written consent by the person(s) featured in a photograph to submit images featuring another person. Images featuring children under 16 should only be submitted by a relative of the entrant, and if the entrant is not a parent or guardian of that child, the entrant must receive prior written consent from the child’s parent or guardian to submit the image.
- There is no alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted.
- eHarmony may refuse to accept any Entry at its absolute and sole discretion. The judges' decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- eHarmony will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant's ability to participate in the competition.
- Subject to condition 13, below, by entering, all prize winners agree to allow the free use of their names, submitted photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by eHarmony for five years from 1 August 2016
- By entering, entrants confirm that they hold copyright to the submitted entries. Entrants will retain copyright in their submitted entries. However, by entering, all entrants grant eHarmony a worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual licence to edit, crop, re-size, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and marketing purposes. Such purposes will be restricted to publicity and marketing associated with this competition and future similar competitions and will, in all cases, make reference to the competition or future similar competitions. Submitted entries will not be used for publicity and marketing purposes on a standalone basis. This licence will last for five years from 1 August 2016. In exercising the rights granted by such licence, we will acknowledge that the photograph is the work of the entrant in all cases.
- By providing your email address to eHarmony, you agree to receive promotional/marketing emails from eHarmony. You may unsubscribe from receipt of such emails at any time. Entrants acknowledge and agree that eHarmony will send winners' personal data (email address, name, postal address if applicable) to the applicable merchants for the purpose of awarding prizes. Specific merchant terms and conditions apply, including but not limited to, the merchants' policies on use of personal data (such as sending merchant offer emails).
- For details of the eventual winner, please send a stamped envelope to Love Captured photography competition, C/O Third City, 60 Gainsford Street, London SE1 2NY
- By entering, all eligible entrants agree to be bound by these official rules and we can exclude entrants and withhold any prize for any breach of these rules.
- The promoter of this competition is eHarmony UK Ltd. ("eHarmony"), registered in the UK with registered office at PO Box 5904 London WC1N 3XX.